COMPETENCY - VERDICT FORM
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE ________ JUDICIAL DISTRICT OF
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA SITTING IN AND FOR _________ COUNTY
THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA,
We, the jury, empaneled and sworn in the above-entitled cause, do, upon our oaths, find as follows:
1. Is [Name of Defendant] incompetent to undergo further criminal proceedings at this time?
If your answer is no, you need not answer the remainder of the questions. If your answer is yes, then proceed to the next question.
2. Can the incompetency of [Name of Defendant] be corrected within a reasonable period of time through treatment, therapy or training? In this case, a reasonable period of time is defined to be [Specify Applicable Period of Time from 22 O.S. § 1175.1 ].
3. Is [Name of Defendant] mentally retarded as defined in these instructions?
4. Is [Name of Defendant] a person requiring treatment as defined in these instructions?
5. If the answers to questions 3 and 4 are no, why is [Name of Defendant] incompetent?
6. Is [Name of Defendant] presently dangerous as defined in these instructions if released?
| || |
The Oklahoma Legislature revised the questions that the jury must answer to determine competency in 2004, and this verdict form reflects the 2004 amendments. See 22 O.S.Supp. 2008, § 1175.5 .